Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I rescued a bird from my pond, its cold, can't stand up, or fly, what should i do to try to assist it?



Answer:

Call your local humane society or animal control.

Keep it loosely wrapped up surrounded by a towel to keep it heat (not too tightly - it has to breathe).



Don't put it out of its misery. That's cruel and totally unnecessary.
Nothing. You aren't a professional and it can hold some kind of disease or parasite. Either put it out of its misery rapidly and not painfully, or give somebody a lift to the vet and they can give it antibiotics and recommend food to nurture it.
that's a tough one. not much hope from my experiences. the last toddler bird i found, i called animal control and tolerate them have it.doubt if it made it. gl next to it!



addendum and a funny story. one babe bird i found in my garage which wound up contained by the typical shoe box with some insensible bugs i hoped he would eat, shocked the heck out of me by making a run across my pickup bed, jump up in the upper air and flying high into a tree across the street!
I found this site after I have found a baby bird within my back patio that couldn't fly. I followed it's advice and very soon he lives in my put a bet on yard. Good Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment